I have decided - for reasons beyond understanding - that my Iona blanket needs a facelift. This is a blanket that I completed and has been on the bed for over a year. It needs to be unpicked - the sewing - which as you can imagine after such a long time, is no easy job!!! Why I do this to myself is really beyond me, even though I know it will look sor of better once is it redone. It does, of course, require me knitting some new squares, but that is half the fun- isn't it? At least this is a pattern that I am very familiar with, so it won't be too hard of a job.
If you ever think of unpicking something that has been completed for some time - think really hard about it. Part of me is regretting this, but part of me also knows it is going to all work out in the end. Anyway, I've unpicked too many panels now to stop. Just have to keep going now.
I will post pictures once I've started reassembling the whole thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment