Monday, November 27, 2006

The shawl - again


Here is a picture of me holding the shawl. I think this gives a better idea of just how big it actually is. I was really warm while working on this, and looking at the picture, you may understand why. lol

Sunday, November 26, 2006

An FO to report



I'm actually pleased with myself. This shawl only took me about three/four months from start to finish - and that was with other projects being worked on as well. I have made this for a friend's daughter, and it will be winging it's way to Ireland shortly.




This picture makes it look a little longer than it really is, but it is the best I could do. I used a 100% Acrylic yarn called Patons Tasman. I used 5 100g balls. The pattern was a Peter Gregory one - and English pattern. Really easy to do, and it allowed for either 4ply, or DK, and had the figures for both. The Tasman is a DK yarn, and I did it on 4.5mm needles - to get a slightly softer look, and feel to the pattern.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

I forgot something yesterday

I forgot to add the links to the patterns. I can't add a link for the snowflake, because that is from a book that I was lucky enough to acquire on a local auction site. BUT, I can put the links for the butterfly, and the bookmark.
http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/may9.html This is the butterfly.

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/heavenly%20angel%20bookmark.html This is the bookmark.

Friday, November 17, 2006

A late update


This is an angel bookmark that I did. I tweaked the pattern a little, to get the body centered on the head.

I thought I'd try and see if I can upload some pictures of work I've been doing recently. I did try a few days ago, but had no luck, so am hoping things work out this time. I can't fully remember the pictures I have, I think they are of a butterfly, a bookmark, and maybe a snowflake. These are only small things, but fun to make. All three have been crocheted.
Below is the pineapple butterfly. I LOVED making this, and have plans on how to add some more colour.
Here is the snowflake I did. It took me a couple of attempts, I had trouble with interpreting the pattern; but, once I got wht the instructions meant, I found it quite easy.