Sunday, November 26, 2006
I'm actually pleased with myself. This shawl only took me about three/four months from start to finish - and that was with other projects being worked on as well. I have made this for a friend's daughter, and it will be winging it's way to Ireland shortly.
This picture makes it look a little longer than it really is, but it is the best I could do. I used a 100% Acrylic yarn called Patons Tasman. I used 5 100g balls. The pattern was a Peter Gregory one - and English pattern. Really easy to do, and it allowed for either 4ply, or DK, and had the figures for both. The Tasman is a DK yarn, and I did it on 4.5mm needles - to get a slightly softer look, and feel to the pattern.