Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Admission is good

They say admission is good for you - or is that confession?!?!? Both I should think - although some would say it depends on what you are admitting to!!! My admission/confession is'nt bad - really.Well...I don't thinks it's a bad admission.
I have come to the conclusion that I am a really bad knitter. Sure all my work looks fine and dandy, the jerseys I make always fit the intended recipient, the patterns don't usually have mistakes. So...what makes me a bad knitter? Easy. I NEVER do a swatch!!!! Honest!!!! Never!!!! Well...hardly ever!!!! Almost never!!! Added to that, I DON'T keep the swatch on the rare - VERY rare - occassions that I DO do a swatch. I frog it, and use the wool for the intended project. So, why don't I do a swatch? Easy - again. My reason for NOT doing one, I know how I knit - I should, I've been doing it for a number of years now. I'm also in too much of a hurry to get the pattern started, so I can see what it looks like, and get something else started. Yes, I have MULTIPLE works on the needles at any one time. In fact, I'll go and buy needles if I haven't got any spare, rather than take something off the needles. I DO finish my works, ... eventually. Good thing they aren't usually for someone who is still growing, aye.

No comments:

Boteh Shawl

Here is the shawl that is in 2ply lace, on 4mm needles. I am over half way through the first chart.  It takes quite a bit of concentration t...