Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Counting Down

Only four more days to the wedding of my daughter, and I still have to get my dress finished. Why am I not sewing now you ask; because I was taking tissue paper out of line of stitching. I've sewn braid onto a lacy fabric, which is for the bottom part of the sleeves. Because the lace is so fine,I used tissue paper, to give the needle something to 'grip'. It's worked really well, too; I just needed to gently rip it out. Now the second sleeve to do, then attach them to the upper sleeve, and the hem, and the dress is finished - this is the last bridesmaids dress. Then it's on to my dress, which only has the front bodice part done. At least I've done all the interfacing, though.

No comments:

Boteh Shawl

Here is the shawl that is in 2ply lace, on 4mm needles. I am over half way through the first chart.  It takes quite a bit of concentration t...