Monday, November 08, 2021

Some knitting content

 I know, it's been a while since I last wrote something solely devoted to knitting. So many things to write about, so few words to write with. That doesn't really make sense, but it does in my head.

Anyway, I finished a shawl for a friend last week. Now I have to come up with a price for it. She paid for the wool, and the pattern was free. Do I know what to charge her? Not on your life!!!!  I knot because I enjoy it, and I really felt honoured to be asked to knit a shawl for her. I am thinking of asking $200, but it feels too much. I have started a second shawl for Karen, and probably should start thinking of a price for it as well. I will wait and see how it looks when I've done a bit more of the pattern. I am only on to my second repeat of the pattern. Don't know at this point, just how big I will make it. 

I really want to get this, because I am already eyeing up other patterns that I really want to get my needles in to. I got a couple of books out of the library the other day, and they have some really nice patterns in them. I am itching to try a couple of them out, actually, more that a couple of them!! It's not like I really need to start anything else, really. But, hey, I love knitting.

No comments:

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...