Monday, March 14, 2022

Trying to find my voice

 I've been going through a little bad period lately. I feel like no one listens to me, and I don't want to roar to be heard.  When at work, I can say something, but don't get heard - not because I talk to quietly, I am told I talk too loud- but because no one listens to my voice.

In doing the Iona blanket, I thought I could sort of use my voice. I can't explain what I mean, but it makes sense to me. So, I am going to use colours that 'speak' to me, and if others don't like the combo's that I use, then that is their issue. I am going to use colours together that I like. After all, I am the one who will be looking at this blanket. There will be a few darker blocks, but that is because most of us, and myself included, have dark days. But, there will be more lighter squares, and that is because I don't want to be in those dark places for too long. I prefer colour, and mixed colours are even better. So, the blanket is going to reflect that as much as possible. 

It is probably a good thing that no one reads this, because I don't think I have expressed myself very well. I have the ideas in my head, but find it hard to express in person. But, in my head, I use my voice, and my expressions in my voice, putting the emphasis where I want it. Others reading this will use their voice, which is fine by me. It will be interpereted their way, which is what I would expect. I still hope that if anyone reads this, that they will try to understand where I am coming from.

1 comment:

debij40 said...

I do understand what you are saying and why you are choosing less darker squares. The brighter squares feel more uplifting and since it is for you, you'd rather see brighter squares. I did read your entire post. Can't wait to see your progress. <3

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...