Thursday, June 16, 2022

Another digression

 I truly haven't given up on Iona, I just keep getting sidetracked. Mum has asked my to make her a hat, as she is feeling the cold lately. So, I went stash shopping. Found a couple of skeins of wool I can use, I need to make sure the yarn is nice and soft, as Mum reacts to anything evensligtly scratchy. This yarn is acrylic, but I know it won't bother her skin. I have ordered some other yarn, but while I wait for it to arrive, I can do this one, and get it sent to her.

I also made another baby item for the baby shower at work. It was just a simple garter stitch jacket and bootees. Very simple, and came out nice. It was also yarn from my stash. It was supposed to be done in double knitting yarn, but I used 5ply instead. At least I am stash shopping first, so that has to be good.

I will get  back to Iona once I get these little projects out of the way. Shouldn't take very long, though. They really are only small projects, and quick to work up. 

No comments:

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...