Friday, July 01, 2022

Can't think of a title

 Do you know how difficult it is to try and come up with a title with each post I do? I could just to a heading of each day that I do one, you know, Friday, 1st July. But that sounds so boring. Good thing there isn't a competition for the best title, aye?

Anyway, what was I gonna write about? Not Iona, must be gettinga  little boring hearing about how I am going on that, - which I am still doing by the way. No, this is about knitting, but maybe a little of my journey on it. You could say I am a bit of a rebel knitter. I don't do swatches, I don't even do tension squares!!!!  I actually never bothered doing a tension right from the beginning of my knitting journey, couldn't be bothered. I just wanted to get on with the pattern. In all honesty, I still don't do a swatch, why break a habit of years? I know I am a tight knitter, so I know to go up a size on the needles I use for any pattern. 

I also don't usually use the yarn that the pattern states. Mostly because I can't get that yarn. As long as the yar I am planning on using has the same measurements for the pattern, then I am all good to go. Good thing this isn't being read by anyone else, cos I know I would be in so much trouble right now. But, you know what? I am very happy with my knitting, and the results ares till good. Any garments I make still fit the intended person, and they seem happy with it.

So, now back to knitting on Iona. Come on, you really can't expect me to not mention Iona!!! I am surprised I have actually stayed with this one projects for as long as I have. Sure, I have made a couple of small things, but, I have always gone back to Iona. She calls to me, louder that any of my other knitting - and that really is saying something.

No comments:

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...