Sunday, November 13, 2005

An FO!!


I finally finished my doily!!! This is the first time I've ever done a crochet chain cast off. It took a little getting used to, but once I got the hang of it, it was actually quite easy. Here are two pictures of the doily. The first one is before blocking - just off the needle/hook. The second picture is of it drying on the freezer.

What a difference blocking makes!!! On to the next project - my Kiri really needs some work on it. A very good friend of mine has lent me her 5.5mm long circular needles. A very big thank you, Donna, for that. I'm up to 6 repeats each side on my Kiri. Don't know how big I'll make it.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Wow!! You've inspired me, and now I'm going to have to put that on my "to do" list!
Beautiful!
-Kat
http://creativepopoffs.blogspot.com

Pooch said...

What a magnificent doily!! It seems it should have a grander name than that! Your work is lovely!

http://YarnKnitReadLit.blogspot.com

Boteh Shawl

Here is the shawl that is in 2ply lace, on 4mm needles. I am over half way through the first chart.  It takes quite a bit of concentration t...