Friday, April 19, 2024

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sore. Give me a break - seriously!!!  Ahh well, at least I can watch the racing at Taupo. It is so good to see the supercars back in New Zealand.

Knitting wise, I am struggling to stay with only one project - really nothing new there. I have about three lace projects on the go, so decided I really needed to work on one of them for a short time. To that end, I am working on Kirremuir, which is a Lucy Hague pattern. This is one I have not done before, I have looked at it, but just not had the yarn to work it. I found some lace weight yarn in my stash that was waiting for the right project - and waiting for me to rediscover it - and the pattern is working up lovely. It takes a bit of concentration, so I don't work on it for too long. It is similar to Lindisfarne in that it is worked in the round, and at the end is steeked. That still scares me even though I've done it three times. Cutting your knitting just does not sound right. But, it worked with Lindisfarne, so should be okay with Kirremuir, right?

No comments:

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...