Friday, September 10, 2021

Drying yarn

 I am not very good at waiting for my yarn to dry so I can get started on my next big project. I bought some Naked Skeinz Merino in the sale. It needs washing, before using, so it is now drying. I know this will be good for the yarn, but gee, it ain't easy. I have printed off the pattern I intend to use this yarn on, so that is all good. Don't bother telling me patience is a virtue!!!  I know it is, but it is a virtue I clearly don't possess. 

In the meantime, I am going to have to settle for doing more on my Threadfall pattern. This is one of MMario's patterns, and it connected to Anne McCaffery's Pern series of books. I loved reading those books, and since I know what Threadfall means, it seemed good to get started on this. I have no idea what the yarn is I am using for this, as it is on a cone that I got from a second-hand shop a few years ago. I do know it is pure wool - I did the burn test. It is working up really well in this pattern. 

Okay, off to do more reading, and knitting.

No comments:

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...