Friday, September 17, 2021

Knitting, as usual

 No surprise that I am knitting. I am always knitting, when I'm not reading that is. But, I do always have something on the needles. At the moment I am concentrating on two projects. They are both baby shawls, and both are oldish patterns. The interesting thing with both these patterns is they are both worked slightly differently. By that I mean one is worked with the centre first, then you do the edging. The other is the edging worked first, then you do the centre. Both are supposed to be in garter stitch, with lace - of course. But, I have changed one to stocking stitch, and kept the other as garter stitch. Because I have changed the construction just a little, it keeps me interested. I am not totally sure of the yarn amounts that will be needed for both patterns. So, that also makes things interesting.

No comments:

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...