Sunday, April 17, 2022

Another update

 Do you know how hard it is to come up with a title for each post? I know they all sound the same, but sorry, not sorry.

Anyway, this is, of course, an update on the progress of Iona. I am still working away on the squares, and still enjoying knitting them. I thought I had enough colours, until I went into a shop yesterday, and saw some lovely yarn that just screamed take me home for the blanket. They are going to look so nice together, will give the blanket a really lovely pop of colour. 

The panel I am working on at the moment is with the white as a background. I am trying to alternate between light foreground, and dark foreground. I think it is looking quite good. I will put up a picture once I have this one completed - the panel - not just the current square. 

I have pretty much memorised the pattern, which isn't surprising. i've actually lost count of the number of squares I have knitted. One day soon I will actually count them up, and put up a post, if anyone other that me is interested.

You know, if anyone is reading this, you are allowed to leave a comment. It might help me to know there is some one out there interested in what I am writing.  I know what I am writing isn't all that interesting, but it helps me to keep track of my progress. I can look back and see how I was going on this blanket. I don't usually stay with only one project, usually by now, I would have started a different project. But, I am actually wanting to stay with just this one, and keep up the work on it. Part of that is because each square looks different, what with the colour combinations I am using. As I am working it, I am seeing different ways I can combine the colours.

1 comment:

Lee said...

I am looking forward to seeing your Iowna blanet made up. You should count your sqares. I would have it all worked out and counting down by now, what would you do if you knit too many

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...