Saturday, July 03, 2021

Call me daft

 I have come up with a crazy idea, crazy because I have never done anything like this before. I am considering desigining a jersey in 5ply, using two of the charts from my Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible. It would be in a medium colour, with one chart on the front and back, and the other one on the sleeves. The sleeves would be set in, as this pattern will be better with set in as opposed to raglan. Instead of ribbing at the bottom of the jersey, I am considering using one of the edging charts, which will look quite nice with this pattern. I have no idea how much yarn this will take, but that is part of this new adventure. Forget about a swatch, I like to live dangerously, and I already know I am a tight knitter, so am aware of the needle size I would need to use. I also have no idea how long it will take to knit this up, nore do I know the length I will make it. All I can say is, wish me luck.

No comments:

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...