Saturday, August 14, 2021

Knitting patterns

 I know no one else if reading this, but that is okay. If there is anyone out there I have a question. When you are following a pattern, and you come across soething that just doesn't follow the rest of the pattern, do you change it to match what your knitting is telling you? I ahve been following a chart, and am most of the way through the pattern now. This last chart has, to me, a very obvious mistake. The written instructions follow the same directions on the chart, but it just doesnot feel right to me. So I have changed it to match what I have been doing throughout the rest of the pattern. I am not sure if I shoudl let the designer of the pattern know about this, or do I just leave it and continue on my merry way. My change looks good, and fits in with the rest of the pattern, whereas the change the designer put in would stand out like a sore thumb.

Truly, if anyone is out there, I really would love your opinion. I don't want to name the pattern just yet, not until I get some feedback, anyway. 

1 comment:

Donna said...

Its a case by case thing but yes, change it. You'll know pretty soon if it's wrong :-)

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...