Saturday, August 07, 2021

Reading

I am a reader always have a book on the go, a bit like my knitting. I went to the library a couple of days ago, and got a book by Ngaio Marsh. I had forgotten just how good she is for quick reading. I am actually trying to expand my reading to other books, and not stick to the same authors. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading certain authors, but it is nice to try someone new. Sometimes, I feel like I am in too much of a rut with my reading, and that is why I like to try someone new. It's a bit like shows I like to watch, I like to try different genres of shows. Not all work out, but hey, you don't know if you don't try them. 

Knitting can be a bit like that. We can get a little stuck on the same things wthat we already know, and scare ourselves that we won't be able to do the pattern. But when you think about it, they really are only done with knit and purl stitches. If you can knit and purl, then really, you can do most any pattern. Of course, it wont be easy, and some of it is scary. I haven't been brave enough to try fair isle yet, but do intend to give it a try. The idea of steeking still scares me, even though I have actually don it - but only once. I still don't understand why you need to cut your knitting, but I am willing to give it a try.

No comments:

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...