Sunday, August 22, 2021

Stupid mistake

 I made a really stupid mistake on Glimfeather. I had completed a whole set of charts, and started the second set before I realised my mistake. I can't believe I was reading the charts totally wrong. Instead of reading all the charts, for some reason I was reading the side chart the same. So instead of doing the cables so they were symmetrical, I was doing them totally wrong. I had to go to the frog pond, which did not make me very happy. So, I had another glass of wine, and started all over again. It is now sitting in the corner, because I have decided I really do not want to see it at the moment. Instead I have cast on a really easy project. I am knitting the Mirror of Erised Cabled Cowl from the book Harry Potter Knitting Magic by Tanis Gray. This is a really easy pattern as I have already said, which is okay by me. It will help me to calm down before I go back to Glimfeather.

I am also reading a book that I have just started. Called Seven Ancient Wonders by Matthew Reilly. I've only just started this book. It is interesting, because since we went into lockdown this time, I am struggling to actually get into a book. It's not like I am short of books to read, I only have a small library here at home. But, I don't know, for some reason, none of them are grabbing me. Does that make any sense? Maybe it's a subconcious reaction to not having any choice. I can't go to the library, and prefer 'real' books to e books. I shall try to stay with this one, I must have bought it because I was interested in reading it, right? I have a few of Matthew Reilly books, so should stick to this one. Of course, if we come out of lockdown soon, I will be racing to the library, and forget all about the ones here at home. Typical.

No comments:

Improving but. . .

 Having COVID, or recover from it is bad enough. But, I am also fighting hayfever - how does that happen?!?!? I have also started a cold sor...